Bracebridge Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) is disappointed to report the twentieth driver charged with impaired operation during the past six-week period.
This morning, August 26, 2021 just before 8:00 a.m. a member of the public reported seeing a car positioned alongside Highway 11 South just south of Gravenhurst and the driver behaviour seemed concerning. Officers arrived and after an investigation arrested and charged 37 year-old David CHEESEQUAY of Barrie, ON with the following:
- Operation of a Motor Vehicle while Impaired by Drug CC 320.14(1)(a)
- Possession of Schedule I Substance – Cocaine CDSA 4(1)
- Possession of Schedule I Substance – Crack Cocaine CDSA 4(1)
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000 CC 354(1)(a) X 2
- Several Highway Traffic Act and Liquor License Act offenses
He will appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Bracebridge on October 12, 2021 to answer to his charges. Furthermore his driver’s license has been suspended for 90 days and vehicle impounded.
Don’t miss out on Doppler!
Sign up here to receive our email digest with links to our most recent stories.
Local news in your inbox three times per week!