At 12:04 am this morning the Huntsville/Lake of Bays Fire Department responded to a 911 call reporting an explosion at the Lake of Bays Brewing Company in Baysville. Crews from Station 4 in Baysville, including 15 firefighters and three trucks, attended the scene on Muskoka Road 117.
Upon arrival, firefighters discovered a vapour cloud around the building. The cause of the plume was attributed to an over-pressurized tank containing carbon dioxide. This caused a supply line to fail, resulting in the large release of carbon dioxide.
There was no fire present, and no injuries occurred from the incident. A technician is currently on scene to correct the issue.
Having an emergency response plan for your business is very important, and business owners can contact the Fire Prevention Division with any questions or concerns they have about emergency or fire safety.
Don’t miss out on Doppler!
Sign up here to receive our email digest with links to our most recent stories.
Local news in your inbox three times per week!