In response to the Provincial Government’s Roadmap to Reopen Plan, the Town of Gravenhurst is moving to a gradual reopening of outdoor amenities. The Parks Division is working to prepare for this first stage of reopening while following all applicable health and safety measures.
The following outdoor amenities will reopen effective Saturday May 22:
- Town Tennis Courts
- Gull Lake Rotary Park – 405 Brock St.
- Muskoka Bay Park – 700 MR 169 (Note only one net is up as the second court is in the process of being transitioned into a pickle ball court)
- Youth Skate Park – 28 Winewood Ave. E
- Muskoka Wharf Basketball Court – 1111 Bay St. E
- Frisbee Golf – Gull Lake Rotary Park – 405 Brock St.
Boat launches will reopen under the following Provincial direction:
- That physical distancing of at least two metres is respected by those using the amenity.
- That each person responsible for a boat or watercraft shall ensure that if a group of persons uses that boat or watercraft together for recreational purposes, the members of the group are all members of the same household or one other person from outside that household who lives alone or a caregiver for any member of the household.
Town public bathroom facilities (open until 3:00 p.m. daily):
- Muskoka Wharf
- Muskoka Wharf Sport Field
- Temporary washroom trailer located downtown behind the Carnegie Centre
- Portable washroom facilities remain open after-hours
Further evaluation of additional public amenities will continue as the Reopen Plan progresses. Please observe all posted signage and follow all health and safety precautions as outlined by the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit.
Don’t miss out on Doppler!
Sign up here to receive our email digest with links to our most recent stories.
Local news in your inbox three times per week!