Watch here for ongoing election coverage during the 2022 provincial election on June 2, 2022! Scroll down for updates.
The polls close at 9:00 p.m. EDT. [ Read: Election day is here: what you need to know ]
Election night updates
Final, unofficial results:
- Graydon Smith, PC Party: 20,216 (45.41 per cent)
- Matt Richter, Green Party: 18,102 (40.66 per cent)
- Erin Horvath, NDP: 3,391 (7.62 per cent)
- Andrew John Cocks, Ontario Party: 1,649 (3.70 per cent)
- Doug Maynard, New Blue Party: 883 (1.98 per cent)
- Daniel Predie Jr, independent: 155 (0.35 per cent)
- Brad Waddell, Populist Party: 126 (0.28 per cent)
Registered voters: 76,319
Ballots counted: 44,522
Voter turnout: 58.34 per cent
Matt Richter of the Green Party, with wife Kailey, addresses supporters. (Videos: Tamara de la Vega)
Graydon Smith addressed his supporters at Kirrie Glen golf course. He will join Doug Ford’s majority Conservative government as the next MPP for Parry Sound-Muskoka.
With only three polls left to report, PC candidate Graydon Smith is maintaining a lead of just under five per cent over Matt Richter of the Green Party.
With just six polls left to report, PC candidate Graydon Smith remains in the lead, and the likely winner, with just over 2,000 votes ahead of the Green Party’s Matt Richter.
Graydon Smith has not yet made an appearance at Kirrie Glen golf course where supporters have gathered to watch results come in.
With 71 polls reporting, iPolitics is unofficially calling Parry Sound-Muskoka a PC Party win.
With 64 polls reporting, PC candidate Graydon Smith’s lead has grown to about 1,100 over Matt Richter of the Green Party.
With 49 polls reporting, PC candidate Graydon Smith has a slight lead over Matt Richter of the Green Party.
With polls barely closed, CBC is projecting a PC Party majority.
Candidates are gathering with supporters to watch the results roll in. Most polls are now closed. Two Parry Sound-Muskoka polls have extended hours:
- Parry Sound—Muskoka, poll 052: 9:10 p.m.
- Parry Sound—Muskoka, poll 030: 9:30 p.m.
.Green Party supporters gather at Canvas Brewing Co. in Huntsville (Video: Tamara de la Vega)
Voting is now open. As of May 30, 1,066,545 voters (9.92 per cent) across the province cast their ballot at advance polls. In comparison, in 2018, 698,609 voters (6.8 per cent) chose to cast their ballot early.
The Parry Sound-Muskoka candidates are:
- Andrew John Cocks, Ontario Party
- Erin Horvath, NDP
- Doug Maynard, New Blue Party
- Daniel Predie Jr, independent
- Matt Richter, Green Party
- Graydon Smith, PC Party
- Brad Waddell, Populist Party
By the numbers: a look back at the 2018 provincial election
- Candidates: seven
- Eligible voters: 80,180
- Voter turnout: 47,479 (59.22 per cent)
- Valid ballots: 47,143
- Rejected ballots: 93
- Unmarked ballots: 119
- Declined ballots: 124
- Ballots cast, by candidate:
- Norm Miller, PC – 22,662 ( 48.07 per cent)
- Erin Horvath, NDP – 10,385 (22.03 per cent)
- Matt Richter, Green – 9,438 (20.02 per cent)
- Brenda Rhodes, Liberal – 4,071 (8.64 per cent)
- Jeff Mole, Independent – 219 (0.46 per cent)
- Chris Packer, Libertarian – 196 (0.42 per cent)
- Joshua MacDonald, None of the Above – 172 (0.36 per cent)
- Number of seats: 124
- Registered parties:
- Eligible voters: 10,246,066
- Voter turnout: 5,806,286 (56.67 per cent)
- Valid ballots: 5,744,860
- Rejected ballots: 15,832
- Unmarked ballots: 22,910
- Declined ballots: 22,684
- Ballots cast by party (top five):
- PC Party of Ontario: 2,326,523 (40.5 per cent)
- Ontario NDP: 1,929,966 (33.6 per cent)
- Ontario Liberal Party: 1,124,346 (19.6 per cent)
- Green Party of Ontario: 264,519 (4.6 per cent)
- Ontario Libertarian Party: 42,822 (0.7 per cent)
- Candidates elected:
- PC Party of Ontario seats: 76
- Ontario NDP seats: 40
- Ontario Liberal Party seats: 7
- Green Party of Ontario seats: 1
Source: Elections Ontario
Don’t miss out on Doppler!
Sign up here to receive our email digest with links to our most recent stories.
Local news in your inbox three times per week!