On August 13 at 11:05 a.m. Bracebridge Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were contacted by staff at the Beaver Creek Correctional facility about packages that were located during a routine vehicle search. The packages were suspected to contain contraband intended for inside the institution. OPP attended the correctional facility and assisted their K9 unit to arrest and charge 27-year-old Nychell ELLISON of Alliston, ON with the following charges:
– Possession of contraband beyond the visitor control point in a penitentiary CCRA 45 (a)
– Delivers contraband to, or receives contraband from an inmate CCRA 45 (C)
– Possession for the purpose of distributing CA 9 (2)
– Distribute over 30g of dried cannabis CA 9(1)(a)(i)
– Possession of proceeds of property obtained by crime under $5000 CC 354(1)(a)
ELLISON will appear on September 27, 2022 in the Ontario Court of Justice in Bracebridge, ON to answer to her charges.
Don’t miss out on Doppler!
Sign up here to receive our email digest with links to our most recent stories.
Local news in your inbox three times per week!