The Gravenhurst Municipal Heritage Advisory Committee (MHC) recently presented the 2022 Built Heritage Awards to four deserving properties in the community.
The Built Heritage Award is a discretionary award presented to the recipient(s) for fostering Gravenhurst’s built heritage through renovation or restoration. Awards are given to outstanding examples based on one or more of the following criteria:
• a recently completed restoration, renovation, or new construction
• materials, colour and execution of the work are aesthetically pleasing
• the design compliments other heritage structures in the neighbourhood or Town
• the work restores a building’s heritage features
• the construction methodology and techniques are of good quality and craftsmanship
Each year a Working Group from the Committee explores Gravenhurst, looking for properties which have been restored with a nod to heritage. There is no formal application process, rather, the Working Group chooses properties they feel best align with the award criteria. These selections are brought forward to the MHC to confirm the decision.
The four properties celebrated in 2002 are:
• 441 Bay Street
• 390 Bay Street
• 490 Farquhar Steet
• 690 Bay Street
Don’t miss out on Doppler!
Sign up here to receive our email digest with links to our most recent stories.
Local news in your inbox three times per week!