Members of the Huntsville Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) charged one person and seized a loaded firearm and drugs from a stolen vehicle that lost control during a winter storm and ended up in a ditch.
On December 16, 2022, at approximately 12:15 a.m., an officer stopped to assist a vehicle that went into the ditch on Highway 11 in the Town of Huntsville. Officers observed a handgun in the vehicle and following further investigation, with the assistance of the Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU), arrested the driver.
Police seized a loaded Glock 17 9mm handgun, as well as cocaine and fentanyl with an estimated street value of approximately $15,000.
As a result of the investigation, Noah HOPE, 27 years of age, of Ottawa was arrested and charged with the following Criminal Code (CC) and Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA) offences:
– Transport firearm in a careless manner, CC 86(1)
– Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm, CC 91(1)
– Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm, CC 92(1)
– Possession of a Prohibited Device, CC 92(2)
– Occupant of Motor Vehicle knowing there was Firearm, CC 94
– Possession of Loaded Prohibited or Restricted Firearm, CC 95(a)
– Possession of Property obtained by Crime Under $5,000, CC 354(1)(a)
– Possession of Property obtained by Crime Over $5,000, CC 354(1)(a)
– Fail to Comply with Probation, CC 733.1(1) – two counts
– Possession of a firearm contrary to a prohibition order, CC 117.01(1) – two counts
– Possession of Cocaine for the Purpose of Trafficking, CDSA 5(2)
– Possession of Fentanyl for the Purpose of Trafficking, CDSA 5(2)
– Possession of Hydromorphone for the Purpose of Trafficking, CDSA 5(2)
The accused was held for bail and remanded into custody.
Anyone with any information about unlawful activity in our community is asked to call the Huntsville OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).
Don’t miss out on Doppler!
Sign up here to receive our email digest with links to our most recent stories.
Local news in your inbox three times per week!