The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) have arrested and charged one person with impaired driving.
On December 25, 2023, at approximately 2:50 a.m., members of the Almaguin Highlands Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) conducted a traffic stop on Highway 11, in the Township of Strong.
Upon speaking with the driver, the officer determined that the driver had been consuming alcoholic beverages. The driver was arrested for impaired driving and transported to the OPP detachment for further testing.
As a result of the investigation, Laurie JENSEN, 48 years-of-age, of Burks Falls, Ontario was charged with:
- Operation while Impaired – alcohol and drugs
- Operation while impaired – blood alcohol concentration (80plus)
- Drive motor vehicle with cannabis readily available
- Driving motor vehicle with liquor readily available
- Fail to surrender insurance card
- Fail to notify change of address – permit
- Fail to notify change of address – licence
- Drive without proper headlights
The driver was issued a 90-day Administrative Driver’s Licence Suspension, and the vehicle was impounded for seven days.
The accused was released from police custody and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice on Thursday January 11, 2024, in Sundridge, Ontario.
Don’t miss out on Doppler!
Sign up here to receive our email digest with links to our most recent stories.
Local news in your inbox three times per week!