From the Distrcit of Muskoka:
The underground water and wastewater pipes running beneath our roads in Gravenhurst have been serving residents and businesses since 1944.
‘Bay Street and Beyond’ is a partnership project with the District of Muskoka and Town of Gravenhurst, set to begin next year.
This is more than just a construction project; it’s a commitment to safeguarding and maintaining the underground critical services we depend on every day and ensure that our communities remain connected.
We invite you to join us at our first in-person Community Information Session on December 14, 2023 – we’re putting drinking water, stormwater, wastewater, roads and transportation under the spotlight.
You’re Invited: Community Information Session
Join us at our in-person session, our project team will share project details, timelines and share more about why these improvements are critical for our Gravenhurst community. If you can’t make it in person, a recording will be available to view online after the event and resources will be posted on our project website.
- Date: December 14, 2023
- Time: 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. – presentation at 6:15 p.m.
- Location: Marriot Residence Inn, 285 Steamship Bay Rd, Gravenhurst
- Recording and resources will be available on our project website
“Bay Street and Beyond” – More Than a Construction Project
There’s more to this project than bringing in machinery – it involves new underground pipes, improving the road platform, enhancements to pedestrian safety, and creating more opportunities for active transportation. Plans to connect the iconic Gull Lake Park, Gravenhurst Wharf and the downtown community will allow residents and visitors to fully experience the distinct charm of these areas.
Stay Updated – Sign Up, Learn More
For the latest updates on the Bay and Beyond project, visit our project website and sign up for our newsletter at www.engagemuskoka.ca/
Join us at our Community Information Session on December 14, 2023 – our project team will share details about timelines, improvements, and the significance this project has for the future of our Gravenhurst community.
Here’s a sneak peek at the improvements:
- Creating more opportunities for active transportation
- New multi-use trail from North Muldrew Lake Road to the Gravenhurst Farmers’ Market
- New, improved parking area to better accommodate the busy Farmers Market
- Upgrades to the Steamship Bay, Muskoka Road North/South, and Bethune intersections – traffic signals and enhancements to accessibility
- New pedestrian crosswalk downtown at Sharpe Street and Muskoka Road South
- New street lights from Cherokee Lane to Greavette Street
- New, smooth driving surfaces
- Replacement of sidewalks and curbs
- and replacement of the 80-year-old water pipes, water mains, storm and sanitary sewers underground – to keep Gravenhurst connected.
We heard you – we’re making plans to connect the iconic Gull Lake Park, Gravenhurst Wharf and the downtown community, allowing residents and visitors to fully experience the distinct charm of these areas.
Don’t miss out on Doppler!
Sign up here to receive our email digest with links to our most recent stories.
Local news in your inbox three times per week!