On Saturday June 12, 2022 at 2:00 p.m. a resident in Bracebridge called the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) to report a vehicle drove into their yard and hit two park cars. Home owner was able to block the vehicle to stop the driver from leaving the scene.
Officers attended an address on Hiram Street in Bracebridge and determined the vehicle was stolen from Toronto. Further investigation revealed the driver 31 year-old James Tsanoff of Tillsonburg Ontario was never licensed to operate a motor vehicle. Police arrested and charged the driver with the following:
- Operation while impaired CCC Section 320.14 (1)(a)
- Possession Property Obtained by Crime over $5000 CCC Section 354 (1)(a)
- Dangerous Operation CCC Section 320.13(1)
- Obstruct Peace Officer CCC Section129(a)
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order CCC section 733.1(1)
- Drive vehicle with cannabis readily available CCA2017 Section 12(1) and other Highway Traffic Act related offences.
Tsanoff remains in custody and will have a bail hearing in the Ontario Court of Justice on June 12, 2022 to answer to his charges. Furthermore, his driver’s license has been suspended for 90 days and vehicle impounded.
Don’t miss out on Doppler!
Sign up here to receive our email digest with links to our most recent stories.
Local news in your inbox three times per week!